12th Bishop of Milwaukee Search: Search Committee Names Announced
Dear Friends in Christ,
As we continue the search process we began in August when Bishop Miller announced his retirement in November 2020, the Standing Committee has appointed the Rev. Ian Burch (St. Mark’s, Milwaukee) and Jan Watter (St. Bartholomew’s, Pewaukee) to serve as co-chairs of the Search Committee.
In addition, the Standing Committee worked hard to choose from a highly qualified pool of applicants to serve on the Search Committee. Here is the list of those who have agreed to serve on the Search Committee:
- The Rev. Ian Burch (St. Mark’s, Milwaukee), co-chair
- The Rev. Matthew Buterbaugh (St. Matthew’s, Kenosha)
- Bertram Ezenwa (St. Boniface, Mequon)
- The Rev. Nancy Hills (Christ Church, Whitefish Bay)
- John Johnson (Grace, Madison)
- Daryl Laatsch (St. James, West Bend)
- The Rev. Pedro Lara (Christ Church, Delavan)
- Debra Martinez (St. Dunstan’s, Madison)
- The Rev. Dave Mowers (Trinity, Baraboo)
- Bill Robison (Trinity, Wauwatosa)
- Melissa Santa-Cruz (Christ Church, Whitefish Bay)
- The Rev. Elizabeth Tester (St. Paul’s, Watertown)
- Jan Watter (St. Bartholomew’s, Pewaukee), co-chair
- Sally Williams (St. Mary’s, Dousman)
- Tammy Prather (St. Bartholomew’s, Pewaukee), ex-officio Standing Committee liaison
This group will come together as the Search Committee for the first time when they meet for an organizing retreat January 24-25, at the DeKoven Center in Racine. The retreat will be led by the Rev. Ann Hallisey, our diocesan search consultant.
We urge you to continue to pray for everyone involved in the search, and to look for ways you can involve yourself as well.
The Rev. Scott Leannah
Standing Committee President